Our Wildwatch Program is all about connecting kids with nature.
Research over the past decade has built up an impressive body of evidence demonstrating the value of connecting children with nature in a way that results in an increase in environmental knowledge, a deeper, more personal, understanding of the way their world functions, academic gains, and higher social and emotional functioning, especially in self-esteem, calculated risk taking and confidence. (AAEE website)
Wildwatch is an opportunity for children (and families) to engage in a program that promotes a love of nature, opportunities to observe nature and grow in knowledge, skills and understanding.
By signing up to Wildwatch, your children will receive:
- A Wildwatch Pack - including a certificate, badge, a Wildwatch family membership card, our current newsletter and a set of Wildwatch Fact Cards
- a Wildwatch Diary - to record your nature observations
- a bi-monthly kid friendly newsletter
- special invitations to family friendly events and activities (eg. tree planting events, bushwalks, citizen science events etc)
- invitations to participate in 4 Wildwatch "actions"each year - eg. monitor the birds in your backyard
The Wildwatch program is supported by the NSW Government through its Environmental Trust