CEN has employed a Nursery Coordinator to oversee the day-to-day running of the Wildplant Community Nursery.
However, as we are a not-for-profit organisation and rely on grants and donations to keep our community projects running, we will be relying on volunteers to help out in the nursery with tasks such as:
- Seed sowing
- Vegetative propagation
- Potting up
- Weeding and general nursery hygiene
- Plant Identification
- Seed collection, cleaning and storage
- Collecting cutting material
- Transplanting of native species
- Transporting and propagating rescued plant material
Training will be provided by our qualified staff and volunteers.
So come along and volunteer at our nursery or as a CCWRS volunteer and learn how to rescue and grow native plants while helping the community and the environment at the same time.